What happens when you come to Swanswell
Using drugs can have a negative effect on your health and other things such as housing, employment and finance. We know that it can be difficult to get help with problems related to your drug use which is why we offer a free and confidential service.
We believe you deserve the chance to change and be happy. We can help you remove the things that stand in your way, whether physical, emotional or practical, so you can feel well, do well, and stay well.
We want to help you which is why our appointments are private and specific to your situation. We’ll listen to you to understand your drug use and anything it’s impacting on, so we can help you change.
We work in convenient locations, including our own offices and in GP practices, so that it’s as easy as possible to access our services.
In the GP practice, we work alongside your GP so you can reduce the harm caused by your drug use. This will help you identify what you need to do to change your drug use through realistic target setting and the support you may need to do this.
Steps towards achieving your goals could include:
- access to substitute prescribing/medication
- general healthcare advice and information
- complementary therapies to help you feel better
- access to advice and information on benefits, education, training, employment and housing
- contact with other agencies who may offer services you need
- information about service user groups you may find it helpful to attend